08 September 2009

In Which Kia Gets Her Groove On


So, after whining extensively about the difficulties of leveling, I realized this evening that I should have saved up. 'Cause seriously, even though the forties are my favorite vanilla WoW leveling times, there's one thing to bemoan, at length.

Baby Kia is currently sitting at 45, sitting pretty, actually:

Dude. Those pants? Totally hot, aren't they? My legs are Seksi For The Win in them, I thinks.

Sorry. Moving on...

As I was saying, Baby Kia is sitting at 45, and as I was perusing my quest log to determine the next course of action, I found myself saying to Jake (since it would be stupid for me to talk to myself; talking to a CGI cat is much preferable),

"Jake, I have quests in Feralas, Tanaris, Stranglethorn Vale, and the Hinterlands. Plus a couple random turn-ins in Darnassus."

...

Let me examine my world map for a moment here.

...

It seems I was correct... those quests are located in the four corners of the Old World. The only way for them to be farther apart would be for me to be Horde. Sigh. Do you KNOW how long it takes to get from Feralas to the Hinterlands?? Huh? HUH?? Or from Darnassus to Tanaris? That flight's over 11 minutes, but it thankfully doesn't mean taking a boat. I always seem to Fail at Boats, for whatever reason.

But vurry vurry far apart quest zones aside, I really do like leveling in the forties. There's lots of cool stuff. Like taking pictures of turtles. Seriously, how much fun is that? And I've always been a fan of pirates, so killing them by the dozens in Tanaris is no hardship. Although, this particular time, I happened to be trying to kill the pirates at the same time as a group of five Horde. It wasn't pretty. At least, not for me.

That brings up another thought. (Me?? Scatterbrained and unfocused? How could you even say such a thing!)

I was flying to Hinterlands, and these messages popped up in my chat box:


And I grimaced. Not for myself, because as previously mentioned, I was going to the Hinterlands. Southshore was simply a layover, kinda like flying through O'Hare. Naturally, nobody in their right mind actually STOPS there. In this case, my grimace was purely for the poor mid-thirty alt that actually WAS in Southshore, most surely being killed over and over and over and sweet mercy over again, simply because there was some kind of jerk Horde (probably a rogue) who just couldn't restrain their enthusiasm for corpse-camping and griefing. It made me sad, even in the midst of the relief I felt for not being the one getting it in the rear this time.

Oh? I haven't mentioned my EPIC FAIL AT PVP? Forgive me. I'm an Epic PVP Fail. I suck. Big time. I mean, major suckage. Anyone and anything can kill me at any point. And partially because of that, I HATE PVP WITH ALL THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND SUNS.

"But Feathers!" you say, "You're a hunter! Hunters are pretty good at PvP!"

Sure, hunters might be good at it. I'm totally lousy. Rogues kill me, paladins kill me, druids kill me, warriors kill me, baby murlocs with rattles kill me. EVERYONE kills me. I usually don't even realize I'm being attacked until I'm already at half health and then it's spam a thousand buttons in the hopeless attempt to at least deal a bit of damage to the stupid rogue that's sapped me to death.

(It's true. I don't like rogues. Not at all. Let it go.)

So I hate pvp, and at times, I hate Blizzard for those times that I'm forced to do it. I usually avoid it like the plague, but there's those rare occasions that I can't and then I moan and grumble and whine.

Anyway, Baby Kia is cruising along, spending most of her time flying about trying to get to the places where she's supposed to do quests. It is at this point in the game that hearthstones become a strategic advantage. I clutch at mine with all the terror of a small child left orphaned in a big, cold world. Currently, said hearth is in the Hinterlands. No doubt that four quests from now, it will be reset to Gadgetzan. And four quests after that, Feathermoon. And after that... tune in next week for the conclusion!

But at least I'm out of Southshore. /shudders

No comments:

Post a Comment